Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chomping at the Bit- College Nationals




All the work is about to pay off. The pain of discipline shall show its worth. You're ready! Remember the days that hurt, the days that did not end, the sacrifice put towards this one moment, one moment to show how far you've come. Anxiousness creeps as a slow shiver up and down my back as I wait for my moment. I am the race horse chomping at the bit. Open the gates! Let me unleash my wrath in the pits!

The taste of competition fills the mouth, unleashing a hunger too vast to be satiated, only kept at bay until the chains are loosed and the battle begins. I crave the moment. The College Weightlifting Championships are upon us. It's our moment.

Move... that's what I'll do. Move violently to victory over myself, over my opponent the barbell. Move to be better, stronger, faster... Move to lift my world. 

What will you do in your moment?

Pirate Weightlifting
Nationals 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment